Thursday, June 12, 2014

UK Roadtrip

Last saturday was my last day i had my final exam paper and I went straight after the exam to London, taking the almost-4-hours bus journey, to join my friend's roadtrip. Shahira is Allie's friend when she was in Nilai Uni College. I met her during her engagement day where she asked us, my sisters and I, to be her 'dulang girls' on that day. It was an absolute honour to be her 'dulang girls' and we were quite excited because we never get to be a dulang girl and being a part of the traditional malay engagement ceremony is just fantastic.

my sisters and I are not exposed to malay weddings that much because usually our parents are the one who attend all those kenduri and malay weddings. I can say I am not quite sure the agenda for a complete malay wedding. I am still lost of what comes first and the meaning of nikah, kahwin. are those two has the same meaning. 
hmph
i always forgot this bit!

Anyways, so we did Stonehedge, Bath, Plymouth and Portsmouth. Stonehedge is kind of disappointing to me because the ticket to see the stone closely is not reasonable and just ridiculous. In my opinion, its nothing that significant till it cost £14.
why can't be like Paris where all students get in free to all the historical sites??
fourteen pound is expensive to see a freaking stone that has one story behind it ONLY, not like if u enter a castle, u'll get to know many many stories.

Bath is beautiful as expected, i still remember Ms Saf's MIL asked me to visit Bath since it is a beautiful place. The house's structure is completely different where it is more posh and castle-looking. Then we went to see the Smeaton Tower, not that fascinating, unless u r a civil engineer or architecture where u would appreciate the design of the lighthouse hihihi. After that we went to the Southwest Beach near Plymouth. Its the Best Seaside 2014,  the weather was incredible on that day. I run by the beach with Shahira and sun tanning at the back of my body since i don't want to burn my face. hihi
lovely beach
We also went to the factory outlet mall in Portsmouth, Gunwharf Quays. We were quite disappointed with the place because they don't have many stuffs. And the Polo Ralph Lauren is not cheap there
according to Shahira
small place
not much selection
londoners should go to Cheshire Oaks, said Hafiz

Overall, the trip is still enjoyable since I spent it with Shahira. I enjoyed our night talkings session. She introduced me to Ben's Cookies which is so delicious.
i think I'm craving for their cranberry cookies now
hmph

Thank u Shahira for inviting me to tag along and hope to do more trips with u! because u r fun to be with and u r like a sister to me! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment